Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dry His tears . . . and ours too . . .



This passage caught my attention today. There was only one word that popped into my mind.

Weak.

See the Christ I want to believe in would be a Christ which took names and kicked butt. I want a Christ that notices that someone is doing wrong and then makes sure that person stops. I want a Christ that does not accept people ignoring Him. I hate to be ignored, especially when I know that I am right. I hate it when people do not listen to what I have to say. I hate it when they do not agree to simply obey me. I hate it when people do not pay attention to just how important I am. If it were me, and I had the power to do something, I would. The “something” that I would do would definitely NOT be to cry!

So in my opinion . . . Christ . . . what a WEAK response! Why didn't you simply send down some lightening and wipe them away! Why did you not start glowing or rise up in the air? Why did you not call a thousand angels to sing to you? Why did you not do . . .

You get the picture.

I guess the reason that Christ did not do any of these things might have been that they had already realized who he was. If you read a couple of verses before this the Jesus has just entered into Jerusalem and the people were crying out:  “BLESSED IS THE KING WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD; Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

They had recognized Him. They had stated that He was the king. They DID know who he was.

So why the tears?

Perhaps the reason that Jesus cried was because they had only accepted Him to a very limited extent. They knew He was God. They acknowledged that He was the king. They knew He was coming in the name of the Lord. But they limited to the peace which he was bringing to the heavens . . . no peace for them.

So Jesus wept. He came that they might have peace NOW. He came that they might have life abundant NOW. He came that they would accept Him into their lives to transform them right there and then. To call 10,000 angels to sing His praises, well that still left the peace in heaven, His glory in heaven. To call lightening down to destroy them did not bring peace to them at all. It would only confirm His power, not His peace for them. His rising up in the air and glowing like the sun, . . . well again that does nothing to get them to accept the peace that He had to offer.

So He wept. His action was not weak but appropriate. It was all that He could do. It was indeed in hope that they might understand He had more for them then they understood.

Is Jesus weeping for you and I? Have we limited His peace and power to the heavens? Have we with our lips claimed that He is God, that He is the son, but have not accepted His peace within us? Have we left Him glowing in the sky, with the angels singing His glory but not accepting His peace in our lives right now?

The strength of Christ is in His power to transform us and to give us peace, His peace if we just accept Him in. Accept Him in today. Accept Him in now. Accept His peace here. Let's dry His tears. . . . and ours too.

Got Word?

Love yah,

No comments:

Post a Comment