Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A possible headache cure . . .

3 John 1:2-4
My head is hurting right now and I am thinking about what may be the cause.  It could be that my glucose is down.  It could be that I did not get enough sleep last night.  Perhaps my blood pressure is up?  Maybe I am trying to get sick.  Perhaps it is because I accidentally hit it getting out of the car.  Maybe its  . . .
Maybe its because there is something wrong in my spirit.
Wait.  In my spirit?  Yes, in my spirit. 
Oftentimes we spend a lot of time examining all the possible symptoms for an illness by looking at other symptoms.  We then guess at the cause which in actuality may just be another symptom.  See if the writer could say that he prayed that his friend would be in good health even as his soul prospers, what happens if his soul is not prospering?
Well probably the opposite of health – dis-health or illness.
Now before you go out there saying that everyone who is sick has something spiritually wrong, slow it down.  This was not a prayer of action consequence or no action bad consequence – instead it is a prayer of a request based upon knowledge of the condition of his friend’s soul.  See his soul was solidly based upon truth, remember?:
When we are walking and living in the truth of God then our soul will prosper and it is not contrary to the will of God to ask that everything else mirror the condition of our soul.  There are many prayers that you can say over yourself and for others.  This is one which is grounded in an understanding of the solid condition of the heart of the individual.  I would not say this prayer for myself or another if either myself or them were really off the beaten path of God’s will, of His truth in and for their life. 
Examine yourself.  You want to pray to ask God for a blessing, examine yourself.  See whether you are standing in His truth.  Are you living it?  Is it the hallmark of your character and your being?  Do your actions serve as evidence of the presence of God working through you, living out His love for you and others?  Examine yourself in comparison to His Word.
If you are doing the examination according to His Word, and you come up short, . . . well follow what the Word says for you to do to get in line with His truth.
Then pray:  Lord I pray that you may prosper me and keep me in good health even as my soul prospers.
Hmm . . . I think my headache is gone.
Got Word?
Love yah,

No comments:

Post a Comment