Friday, March 15, 2013

You can have a country in a day . . .


Who has ever heard of such things? Who has ever seen things like this?  Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment?  Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.  Isaiah 66:8
This morning I very carefully opened up my bible.  I have been feeling rather distant from God.  A little numb.  I have known that He has said things have changed and yet I see little evidence of it.  I am both excited and scared.  When I get in that state I often withdraw.  Why? Because what I do see that He is sayng is about to happen pushes me way beyond my limits.  He is saying to me to take a plunge into the deep water.  And yet, I am afraid that I may drown.
And yet, I know that I cannot stand on the shore and look.  I know that I must jump in. 
See God’s word says that the just, . . . His children . . . live by faith.  Faith – believing in what we do not see as if it already is.  Believing in what He says is when what we see is not.  It is believing in the impossible reality which is the true reality -- a reality which only God controls and which only God can cause to come into existence. It is only in THIS reality that we can live as Christians – the reality of the world of Faith in what HE says is.
You may be too young to remember Kathryn Kuhlman a great tele-evangelist, spiritualist and healer of the early 70’s, but her words ring in my head.  She used to begin her show saying:  “I believe in miracles. Because I believe in God.”  She understood the reality of God, a reality which transcended what we could see, hear, touch, or smell.  She had faith in God.  She lived in that reality of faith. 
And if we are to know Christ, we must live in that reality of faith also.  We must be willing to jump into the deep when He says to and to trust that what He says is. 
A country  borne in a day?  A nation created in a moment? Birth pains come and immediately a baby is borne?
Can our circumstances change for the best in a day?  Can what was not existent the minute before be fully developed the very next minute?  Can while we are yet beginning to feel the pain of hunger a banquet be prepared and set before us?
Our first Thanksgiving in Waco, Texas before I started law school we were down to one egg and two slices of bread.  However, we had a full tank of gas.  So we came up with a plan.  We would fry the egg, and put it between the two slices of bread, pray over it and serve it.  Thank God for the food.  Then we were going to jump into our car and drive to Dallas to Momma P’s aunt and see if we could eat with them.  However, as we finished eating and were about to go out the back door the front doorbell was ringing.  On the other side stood a tall dark man who asked me if I was Rev. Peterson.  I answered yes, to which he asked me what was taking so long.  “Mama says we cannot eat a thing until you and your wife come over.”  “Who’s your moma I asked?” 
Next door our new neighbor, an elderly lady we had just met that week had prepared a feast.  She had seats reserved for us at the head of the table, and was waiting for our arrival.  We had no idea we were invited!  We left her home that night full and with enough food to last a week!
Yes  a country can be borne in a day and a nation can be created in a moment!  Yes as soon as the pains of birth start to come upon you the baby can be borne.  God has a plan for you that is just waiting to burst forth on the scene!  And yes, . . . it will come suddenly!
Have faith in God’s word to you. It can happen in an instant.
Got Word?
Love yah,

No comments:

Post a Comment