Wednesday, June 18, 2014


I MUST tell Jesus . . . .

Yesterday an old hymn popped into my head.  The first verse goes as follows:

“I must tell Jesus all of my trials;
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me;
He ever loves and cares for His own.” 

It has been a rough week.  It has been a rough month.   

Heck, it has in some ways been a rough year!  Rough not just in what My wife and I and our family has had to face, but in the fact that it was obvious to all that we could not accomplish what we needed to do on our own.  And as I looked at the finances for the rest of the month, I realized that we are there still . . . facing a battle which we have not the power or resources to win. 

The chorus starts: 

“I must tell Jesus!  I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone." 

It’s interesting that the author Elisha Hoffman changed the words from “these burdens” to “my burdens.”  It is as if he realized that the burdens we face are personal to us.  They are not simply a group of burdens but they are MY burdens.  And so I MUST tell Jesus!  I MUST tell JESUS! 

Two months ago my son’s car bit the dust.  He had no money to get it fixed. We had no money to buy a new car for him. Our solution . . . lend him his mother’s car, a solution which would have put a hardship on us. 

“I must tell Jesus!” 

While having her car prepared to give to him, my friend asked why we were doing this.  I explained and then he asked me if my son would be interested in a late model car that he had.  He was willing to sell it to me for $2000.  I called Momma P and it rang in each of our spirits that we were to purchase it.  But we did not have $2000.   

“I must tell Jesus!” 

My friend was willing to lend me the money to purchase the car, giving me clear title, why?  Because he believed that Christ lived in me and him knowing Christ for himself, knows that Christ doesn’t steal.  I agreed to pay $1000 as the first payment and to pay him out in two months.  However, the payments on the loan would not begin until after I had taken possession of the car.  He agreed to this.  As for me, with this loan I would be using my entire paycheck to pay the note.  No money for food, or gas, or other bills.  But the steps of the righteous are ORDERED by the Lord.  And God’s orders are not suggestions. 

“I must tell Jesus!” 

Putting full coverage on the car, I left that Friday to drive the car to our son.  Outside of Charlotte, North Carolina I encountered two hail storms. Twelve hours after purchasing the car I had to place a claim for damage to the car.  Four days after purchasing the car I was being given a check in excess of $2000 to pay for the damages!   

The chorus goes on: 

I  must tell Jesus!  I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone! 

Yes we each face burdens, difficulties in our lives.  We each face OUR burdens and OUR difficulties.  It may be a rough day.  It may be a rough week.  It may be a rough month.  Heck, it may be a rough year!  There is a solution to this . . . 

Tell Jesus!  Tell Jesus! TELL JESUS! 

Jesus will help you.  Jesus alone. 

Got Word? 

Luv yah

No comments:

Post a Comment